September 16, 2022
Whether you’re fishing large impoundments on major rivers, thousand-acre Midwest lakes, or high-elevation mountain ponds, Scientific Anglers’s Sonar Stillwater series has a fly line to suit your needs.
The Sonar Stillwater product line has:
- Single sink-rate offerings (Clear Camo) for standard subsurface stillwater fishing
- Dual sink-rate offerings (Seamless Density) that have two different densities/sink rates in the belly section that provide a smooth connection to retrieved flies
- Hover lines which sink very slowly for shallow ponds, staying just below the surface around lake edges, or for keeping your flies in the rich littoral zones
- Clear Emerger Tip lines for stealthy midge pupa fishing
- Parabolic lines that retrieve in a “U” shape which pulls the head of the fly directly downward so as to appear like it’s diving, which some stillwater bugs do. This also just gives the fish a different look and can trigger curiosity strikes when the going gets tough.
All these lines come with the durability and smooth-shooting quality of any Scientific Anglers fly line. Stillwater specialists and gear heads–get ready to nerd out with these specialized fly lines. And Scientific Anglers even prints the type and weight of the line directly on the line so if you swap it out you won’t have to label it.
Sink rates from 1 inch per second (ips) to 7 ips. Check out Scientific Anglers’s poster that illustrates its stillwater lines here.
$100 | scientificanglers.com